Students are assessed on three occasions in school and reports are posted home
- Christmas: Formal supervised exam
- Easter or earlier Result is based on 2 assessment events held in class
- Summer Formal supervised exam
Homework and Study
Suggested minimum times:
1st year 1.5 hours per night, 5 nights per week
2nd year 2 hours per night, 5 nights per week
3rd year 2.5 hours per night, 6 times per week
5th year 3 hours per night, 6 times per week
6th year 3.5 hours per night, 6 times per week
How can parents help?
- Provide a suitable room, desk, chair, heat and light.
- Ensure that the student is not disturbed while studying.
- Check the work is done, and praise where possible.
Click here for further information
Click to open pre exam timetables:
Ms A. O'Callaghan
Click for timetables:
State Examinations Commission Website:
Schedule of Exam Dates (during the year)
Click for key dates: