The Scoil Phobail Bhéara Parents Association is a formal organization that works on behalf of parents and in conjunction with the school. The Parents Association can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or through the Facebook page.
Members of the Parents Association:
Róisín Dillon, Chairperson
Rose Garcia, Vice Chairperson
Celina Sheehan, Treasurer
Edel O'Sullivan, Co-Treasurer
Anne O'Carroll, Secretary
Bernadette Blake, Lotto Coodinator
The Parents Association meets monthly. The principal attends part of the meeting giving a chance to find out what is happening at the school and to raise issues or make suggestions.
The Parents Association also has two other very important functions:
The Book Loan Scheme, which aims to make the purchase of textbooks more affordable and more convenient. Without this scheme each parent would have to travel a great distance and spend as much as €500 to purchase each student’s textbooks for the year.
A monthly lotto, which is the only fundraiser. The monies are used to assist the school with the cost of projects, trips, awards, etc. when requested.
For example, funds might be used to help:
· Fund the school psychologist
· Purchase sound equipment for the school
· Fund Transition Year projects
· Bring speakers to the school
As you can see, the work of the Parents Association is a great asset to the school and to each family. It cannot continue without support from parents. If you value the Book Loan Scheme and the other assistance we provide please:
· Come to the AGM to see what we are about.
· Consider joining the committee; we meet on the first Thursday of each month during the school year for approximately 1 to 1.5 hours.
· Continue to support the monthly lottery.