The Parents Association
The Parents Association meets monthly. The principal attends part of the meeting giving a chance to find out what is happening at the school and to raise issues or make suggestions to her.
The Parents Association also has two other very important functions:
We run the Book Loan Scheme aiming to make the purchase of textbooks more affordable and more convenient. Without this scheme each parent would have to travel a great distance and spend as much as €500 to purchase each student’s textbooks for the year.
We also run a monthly lotto. This is our only fundraiser. The monies are used to assist the school with the cost of projects, trips, awards, etc. when requested.
For example, this year the monies were used to help:
· Fund the school psychologist
· Purchase sound equipment for the school
· Fund the You Are Not Alone booklet prepared by Transition Year students to promote positive mental health
· Bring Dr. Maureen Griffin, Forensic Psychologist to the school to speak with students and parents concerning internet safety
As you can see the work of the Parents Association is a great asset to the school and to each family. It cannot continue without support from parents. If you value the Book Loan Scheme and the other assistance we provide please:
· Come to the AGM to see what we are about.
· Consider joining the committee. We meet on the first Thursday of each month during the school year for approximately 1 to 1.5 hours.
· Continue to support the monthly lottery.