Students are assessed on three occasions in school and reports are posted home
· Christmas: Formal supervised exam
· Easter or earlier Result is based on 2 assessment events held in class
· Summer Formal supervised exam
Homework and Study
Homework and study are important aspects of school life. Homework, whether written or oral, gives the student the opportunity to take ownership of work done in class. It also helps the teacher to assess if students have understood an idea or topic. It is difficult to say how much time should be spent on homework or study. The quality of time spent is more important than quantity.
Suggested minimum times
1st year 1.5 hours per night, 5 nights per week
2nd year 2 hours per night, 5 nights per week
3rd year 2.5 hours per night, 6 times per week
5th year 3 hours per night, 6 times per week
6th year 3.5 hours per night, 6 times per week
How can parents help?
· Provide a suitable room, desk, chair, heat and light.
· Ensure that the student is not disturbed while studying.
· Check the work is done, and praise where possible.